Course Overiew Presentation
Welcome to Creating Trauma Informed Classrooms to Support Student Success and Engagement! We are so glad to have you join us!
Please take some time to view the Welcome and Introduction Video to meet your instructors and learn more about Sound Supports and Associates. Also view the Course Overview presentation for details on getting started in the course and the overall course structure.
Returning to school in whatever form is a significant event for teachers, students and families in the wake of the COVID Pandemic. Trauma informed practices and Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) provide powerful frameworks and strategies to help us implement classroom systems that better meet the needs of students, teachers and families who have experienced adverse events and chronic stress during this challenging time. In this training we will focus on understanding how trauma impacts us as human beings and as professionals, then identify specific strategies and practices grounded in these frameworks that teachers can use to enhance their classroom systems to maximize the engagement and success of all students in the fall, whether in a virtual, hybrid or in person learning environment.
Things to Remember!
- The presentation videos will play most effectively on a laptop or desktop computer. This platform is not yet maximized for mobile devices.
- If you run into any technical issues with accessing materials or presentations please contact us at:
- [email protected] or [email protected]
- If you have questions related to content of a module please reach out to the instructor of that module so that you get the best answer to your question!
- The course follows a deliberate order and each module builds on the others. So you will have to follow them in the outlined order.
To get a certificate of course completion you will need to view/complete each module. Teachable keeps a record of your progress as you go! You will also need to successfully complete the short quizzes found at the completion of some of the modules. These are short quizzes drawn from the content presentations and readings in the modules. The criteria for success is 85% and you have up to five opportunities to complete each quiz. Check with your district or agency to see if the certificate of completion is enough to get credit for taking the course. If not, look for details about applying for clock hours through our agency in the final section of the course.
If you live in a state where clock hours are required please contact us directly and we can help set that up for you.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for us, please reach out. We would love to hear from you!
Enjoy the course. The work you are doing is so important!
Best- The Sound Supports Team